We are looking for an innovative Inventory and Procurement Manager to lead our procurement and warehouse functions. You will lead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes following this right through to through to the distribution centre function.
Will be a procurement and Inventory expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services as well as a highly efficient product inventory background. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
1) Ensuring all purchases are bought at the most competitive prices, delivered on time, and meeting agreed quality standards.
2) Develop key vendor business plans to generate sales growth and ensure rebate support programmes are maximised and industry leading.
3) Management, maintenance and recording of supplier contracts including service agreements, terms and conditions, and product quality standards.
4) Forecasting likely levels of demand for products to meet business needs and ensuring a constant check on our inventory levels and obsolescence rates across the range.
5) Managing inventory across multiple locations nationwide.
6) Assisting in resolving Stock Valuation variances and reconciling.
7) Ensure a close working relationship with the management team respecting current structure whilst aligning on operational improvements in our procurement process.
8) Achieve agreed targets in terms of cost price reductions, service levels and rebate.
9) Seek out procurement opportunities to leverage our global scale and presence.
10) Work on minimum and maximum order quantities and establishing a J.I.T style inventory replenishment system.
11) Be the leader on our new software installation that will revolutionise our ordering processes and follow that through to successful completion.
12) Leading the Distribution Centre Warehouse Management team by providing clear direction and support to this vital part of the supply chain.
• Be able to bring a new dimension to procurement activities within an established business.
• Be confident, collaborative, articulate and able to influence at all levels, through effective communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Versatile, tenacious and people orientated.
• Attention to detail with a commercial acumen to be results orientated.
• Passion for continual improvement and establishing efficient and productive systems.
• Energy and desire to deliver Industry leading results.
Knowledge and Experience
• Graduate level and ideally CIPS qualified.
• Ability to demonstrate negotiation abilities that have delivered significant improvement to commercial terms.
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and systemic purchasing techniques.
• Highly analytical and has a high level of competency in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ideally has experience providing senior leadership within a supply chain warehouse environment.