The Field Sales Coach (FSC) is responsible for managing and providing relevant and timely sales coaching, training, and mentoring support/interventions to specified sales areas/individuals. The role is primarily a field-based sales management support function, with an average of three days a week carrying out field accompaniment visits with Sales leadership and sales personnel of all levels.
Through their work, they will ensure that the Citron Hygiene image, goals, vision, and Values are reinforced. They also assist, when requested to do so, in selecting the most qualified incumbents into sales roles, facilitate their training, monitor post-training performance, help to identify additional skill, knowledge and performance gaps, and provide management with tools for their use with sales representatives that reinforce learning, foster a high-performance sales culture and close skill gaps. The FSC will provide classroom support to Citron Hygiene sales training.
1) Works with local Sales Leaders to coach, mentor and provide feedback to individuals and sales teams (e.g. one-on-one coaching with leadership and Sales Team members, monitoring team weekly activity reports, ensures appropriate sales documentation is prepared and implemented etc.) Spends an average of three days a week with sales leadership and team members, carrying out effective field accompaniment/coaching visits, follows up the development needs of sales associates with their line managers.
2) Assists with the creation of new sales collateral and training resources that are aligned with local, regional, and UK wide strategic goals, continuously learns through internal and external benchmarking and participation at appropriate seminars or conferences to ensure awareness of trends and “best practices”. Works closely and collaboratively with other members of the Sales Team, the Marketing team, and executive team members.
3) Supports the selection and on-boarding of “best fit” sales recruits in compliance with company policies and standards. Supports the design of and implementation and facilitation of Sales training Classes and follows through with onboarding coaching and management of new Reps and SM’s into the sales organisation. Also supports leadership training and personal development activities at all levels within the sales organisation.
4) Identifies tactical marketing requirements that will aid and support the efforts of the sales force. Communicates those requirements to the HoSE and works with the Sales and Marketing Leadership to execute the tactics in keeping with assigned, adopted, and approved strategies.
5) Aids the onboarding of new recruits to ensure that first experiences are industry class beating. Contributes to the design and construction of new onboarding materials and takes a key role in maintaining support material.
6) Follow the Citron policies for team members, especially but not limited to the Commercial DOA, Pricing book, SFDC policies, Tender and bidding processes and standard codes of Ethics and Health and Safety that ensure Citron is a great place to work for all team members.
7) Carry out market research and maintain knowledge about the Washroom and Hygiene consumable markets in the UK, including awareness of competitor activity and new legislation, sharing with team members and sales leadership teams as appropriate.
Ongoing contact with personnel at all levels within Citron – especially but not limited to: - regional and strategic team members in sales, operations, finance and sales support functions, Team leaders, Sales leadership, Sales Operations team members
Customer Contacts will include local decision-makers, business owners and existing customer contacts.
Direct Reports: 0 Indirect Reports: 0
• Outstanding presentation and training skills
• Strong selling and influencing skills.
• Strong coaching skillsets
• Strong communication, negotiation, and consultative skills with the ability to articulate ideas to employees and management at all levels in a clear, concise manner.
• Strong time management, reporting and analysis skills.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in an ever-changing environment.
• Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule in a growing environment.
• Ability to effectively facilitate/present to groups.
• Good leadership and management skills
• Excellent English, mathematical and analytical skills
• Demonstrable sales coaching and mentoring leading to successful inside sales team/ individual sales rep development.
• Proven track record in telesales/or customer care, with consistent target and KPI achievement.
• Available to stay away from home (up to 50% of working week)
• Demonstrable experience in designing and delivering classroom-based sales training.
• Sales experience within the washroom management industry is an asset.