We are seeking a determined individual that can assist with the smooth running of Month End reporting but also support all areas of the Finance Function and the business as a whole. This role will form an integral part of the Finance team. The candidate must have a positive attitude and be a great team player.
1) Supporting the Sales Ledger Team. This could include cash allocation, customer account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and reporting activities.
2) Supporting the Purchase Ledger Team. This could include nominal coding and processing of invoices, statement reconciliations and assisting with payment run preparation.
3) Assisting the Financial Accountant as and when needed
4) Help with Month End preparation such as Balance Sheet reconciliations, internal audit and account preparation.
5) Ad hoc duties as required by management, including providing support when colleagues are on annual leave/sickness, and assisting with other tasks within the Finance department.
Internal: Assisting with Month End to ensure timely reporting to the Exec Team and at Group level. You will embrace a team spirit, working with colleagues within the Finance Team and throughout the business to enable a smooth and slick Month End close. You will assist with investigations into areas of the business to promote profitable ways of working and be a support to other business functions when required.
External: To build and maintain professional working relationships with existing customers and suppliers but also external clients such as Auditors and HMRC. Working with the Finance Team to ensure we are compliant with all legislation and reporting guidelines.
• A real can-do attitude
• Attention to detail is key.
• Positive and vibrant attitude
• Adaptable and Personable
• Willingness to get stuck into any task
• A good grasp of double entry bookkeeping
• Accounting Technical Knowledge
• IT literate with solid experience of Microsoft packages- specifically Excel
• High level of attention to detail
• Problem solving ability
• A background in Finance or Accounting is a must (minimum 2 years’ experience)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• AAT Qualified or Finalist
• Knowledge of Sage 200
• Knowledge of Salesforce